Home of random thoughts, misguided musings, wicked words and the men who make them.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sorceror Series: Last Look Back



One good thing about music, when it hits you

Feel no pain (repeat)

So hit me with music, hit me with music

Hit me with music, hit me with music now

-TrenchTown Rock

Bob Marley

Uh, one thing bout music, when it hit you feel no pain

White folks say it controls your brain

I know better than that, that's game and we ready for that

Two soldiers head of the pack, matter of fact who got the gat?

And where my army at? Rather attack and not react

Back the beats, it don't reflect on how many records get sold

On sex, drugs, and rock and roll, whether your projects put on hold

In the real world, these just people with ideas

They just like me and you when the smoke and camera disappear

Again the real world (world), its bigger than all these fake ass records

When poor folks got the millions and my woman's disrespected

If you check 1,2, my word of advice to you is just relax

Just do what you got to do, if that don't work then kick the facts

If you a fighter, rider, ? bouter? , flame ignitor, crowd exciter

Or you wanna just get high, then just say it

But then if you a liar-liar, pants on fire, wolf-cry agent with a wire

Im gonna know it when I play it

-Hip Hop

Dead Prez

Yeah, cmon

When the musics over

When the musics over, yeah, when the musics over

Turn out the lights, turn out the lights

Turn out the lights, yeah

When the musics over x3

Turn out the lights x3

For the music is your special friend

Dance on fire as it intends

Music is your only friend

Until the end x3

-When the Musics Over

The Doors

The people in this painting taught me something about art throught their music. Billie taught me the power in the depths of darkness and love found & lost. What can be drawn out of the deepest shadows. Stevie (70's) took me back to my childhood but also expanded my mind on love, spirituality, sadness, belief. The inimitable Charles Mingus taught me timing and the manipulation of time and emotion with silence and sound. Bob, well, he just put things in perspective. He lifts me up but keeps me grounded. Jimi taught me exploration experimentation and individuality. Cause if a six turned out to be a nine, I don't mind, I don't mind. All together these artists speak to me and have guided me through the lowest and highest points in my life so far. And when you listen its easier than learning from your own mistakes. But sometimes you don't hear it cause you're too busy living it. So the Sorceror, his bodhissatvas overhead, looks back one last time just to say goodbye. Cause he has places to go, things to do, and people to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>