Home of random thoughts, misguided musings, wicked words and the men who make them.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In Dreams come Responsibility II


Telling Stories by Elias Infinity
Thumbnails
I'm bombarding my students with process. This has made me reflect on my own process as a storyteller. After writing an idea for a story I do a lot of my work in the sketchbook. Creating very small thumbnail sketches of every aspect of a story/ The images up top or half page sketches of page ideas. Working at this size allows me to look at the overall design and the general movement of the piece. To give the story a sense of flow and consistency. In this piece doorways, directions, and camera angles become important. Also it was in the thumbnail stage(after re-reading some Carl Jung on the structure of the unconscious) that I turned the story into a dream and finishes it with the dreamer waking up. Now I'm finishing the larger drawn pages and working on my scripting. After this week I'll try to put up a finished page a week and see where this story ends up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
/body>